If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A modern twist on Dutch Lettuce! —The Spoon and Pint
Makes large batch
- 2 bags of spinach or fresh garden spinach
- 1/2 pound bacon (feel free to add more, ‘Merica)
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 pint mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Boetje’s stone ground mustard
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Clean lettuce, place in bowl, and mix in chopped onion. Cook bacon as your normally would. Hard boil the eggs. Make the dressing out of the remaining ingredients. Whisk together very well, and pour on salad just before eating. Toss.
- If you make the Dutch Lettuce and are feeling extra naughty, save some of that bacon grease and whisk it in with the dressin’, you won’t regret.
More Great Recipes: Salads