If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Zesty lime, macerated strawberries, and an extra thick graham cracker crust makes this coconut milk based ice cream pie a homerun for any summer gathering. —Kate Wood
Makes one 9" pie
- 2 Sleeves of Graham Crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil, Melted
Ice Cream Filling
- 28 ounces Whole Fat Coconut Milk, Refrigerated and Divided
- 2 teaspoons Lime Zest
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2.5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Sliced Strawberries
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Lime Juice or
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place graham crackers in a food processor and process into crumbs. Pulse in salt and coconut oil until the crumbs are moistened and clumping together.
- Pat crumbs into a 9" metal pie pan being sure to cover the sides of the pan in a thick layer of crumbs. Reserve any extra crumbs to use as pie topping.
- Bake pie crust in the oven for 8-9 minutes or until crumbs are firm in the bottom of the pan. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- To prepare ice cream, open the refrigerated cans of coconut milk and separate the watery portion of the coconut milk from the solid portion.
- Combine the solid portion of coconut milk with the lime zest, lime juice, sugar, and vanilla. Add about 1/2 of the coconut water and stir until smooth and combined. Mixture will be about as thick as melted ice cream.
- Pour this mixture in to an ice cream machine and churn according to the machine's directions. It took my machine about 15 minutes for the coconut ice cream to be done. It will look like soft serve frozen yogurt when done.
- Spoon ice cream into prepared pie crust and freeze until solid.
- Once pie is frozen and ready to eat, prepare the strawberry topping. Mix strawberries with sugar and lime juice and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Serve on top of pie slices along with extra crust crumbs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert