If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tangy, refreshing blend (I love adding ginger) is my go-to breakfast. Potent detoxifiers, limes are acidic, but alkaline when metabolized, thanks to their mineral salts—which help liver function and cleanse the colon. This blend is healthy heaven in a glass, but drink it fast, before the stevia develops an aftertaste. —Tess Masters
For the smoothie:
- 3/4 cup (180 milliliters) coconut water or water
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) young Thai coconut meat or 1 tablespoon creamed coconut
- 2 cups (86 grams) firmly packed baby spinach
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 limes, peeled and halved
- 20 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- pinches natural salt (optional, to bring out flavors)
- 1 1/2 cups (190 grams) ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon blanched raw almonds, soaked
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.