If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A beautiful pairing of black rice and red cherries blends together to create a crisp, salad bursting with flavor perfect for summer picnics —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 3 cups Cooked black rice (from about 1 c uncooked), cooled
- 1 pound Boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijion Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup Chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped gresh parsely
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Scallions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat chicken breasts evenly with 1 Tbsp olive oil, then sprinkle evenly with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees until cooked through and golden brown on the outside, about 25 minutes. Cool and shred.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil, the apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- Combine the rice, chicken, dressing, cherries, pecans, parsley, and scallions in a large bowl, tossing to mix well. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.