If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I must admit I'm not a huge fan of cheese and melon salads and with this contest I challenged myself to create something new that combines cheese, watermelon and prosciutto. With a hint of mint and for crunchiness (as I don't like the food too creamy) I added pistachio. The combination it's a winner as I was torturing myself if to add some smoked paprika or maybe a hint of chilly might have been more appropriate, but I have to say that goat cheese, pistachio and grilled watermelon it's a good combination for this sumptuous and delicate recipe. It's has everything: saltiness from prosciutto, caramelized flavour from the grilled watermelon, it's creamy and crunchy in the same time. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did! —createpink.com
Prepare the watermelon
- Prepare 8 cubes of watermelon with 1cmx1cmx1cm and grill them on a very hot grill 1 minute each side. Then let them cool on a kitchen towel to drain the water excess.
For the "snowballs"
grams goat cheese
grams curd cheese
cup cream cheese
pinch smoked sea salt
pieces mint leaves
- In a blender blitz the pistachio and mint. Prepare 4 slices of prosciutto. Cut them in half. Every half for one piece of watermelon.
- In a bowl mix the cheeses and salt. It should have a consistency that allows you to work quite easily with it.
- Now create your watermelon 'snowballs". Coat every piece of watermelon with pistachio. Wrap each piece of watermelon in prosciutto.
- With your hands wet take a spoon of the cheese mix and in the palm of one hand, flatten the cheese mixture pop in the watermelon wrapped in prosciutto, cover with another spoon of cheese and shape it in a ball.
- Sprinkle with pistachio and mint mix and chill for 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon