If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: an elegant watermelon and tomato gazpacho spiced with fresh habanero and topped with a minted cucumber and avocado salsa. it is perfection on a hot summer day. —aubrey | drum beets
- 4 cups roughly chopped red tomatoes
- 4 cups watermelon chunks
- 1 habanero chili
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 pinch sea salt, or to taste
- olive oil for garnish
minted cucumber avocado salsa
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 english cucumber
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- slice the habanero into quarters and remove seeds. use gloves if possible, or be careful not to touch your eyes for several hours!
- puree gazpacho ingredients together in a blender until smooth, starting with just 1/4 of the habanero. add more chili to taste. do not overdo it with a high speed blender, as you'll want to be able to strain out the tomato & watermelon seeds. sift blended gazpacho through a fine mesh metal strainer into a bowl to remove all seeds and pulp. chill finished gazpacho for at least 2 hours before serving.
- before serving, cut cumber and avocado into long thin strips then dice into tiny cubes. combine in small mixing bowl. finely chop or tear tiny bits of fresh mint into bowl. toss with the juice of a lime.
- cut cumber and avocado into long thin strip then dice into tiny cubes, combine in small mixing bowl. finely chop or tear tiny bits of fresh mint into bowl. toss with the juice of a lime. to serve gazpacho, fill shallow bowls with a portion of gazpacho, top with 1/4 cup cucumber salsa, drizzle with a thin amount of olive oil and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. serve chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon