If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a grandson who loves pancakes, being that his Father is in the medical field he deemed that regular pancakes was not giving his child a good healthy breakfast. So I put my imagination to work to come up with a breakfast that would appease both. —Joanne Tranquille Ferrari
Serves four adults and one four year old
- 4 free range large farm eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, no color, preservatives, or corn starch
- 1 cup Traditional Ricotta
- 3/4 cup Pure Almond Milk no sugar
- 1 teaspoon Homogenized Organic milk
- 1 1/2 cups Sifted white flour no preservatives
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut Flour
- 2 tablespoons Baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Grated or shaved Balderson Mild White Cheddar, you may use white cheddar of your liking.
- 1 cup Small Round Seedless Watermelon, balls used to make nose and inside of eyes of pancake face.
- 15 pieces of watermelon shaped into eyebrows, oval eye shape and mouths
- This can be served even in winter if you freeze watermelon juice and make rest of facial features. At one point I even have made the strips for the hair out of the Watermelon. Very cute but healthy breakfast,
- Step One Eggs to be at room temperature, crack each egg and place Whites into bowl one and yolks into bowl two
- Step Two: Beat yolks with electric beater until light and fluffy. Set to one side
- Step Three: Beat whites with electric until nice and firm. Set to one side
- Step Four: Add following ingredients, (beating after each addition) to yolks. Yogurt, Ricotta, Almond Milk, and Homogenized Milk.
- Dough should be smooth no lumps, now add the three sifted flours. Beat gently after each addition. Then fold in baking powder, and Avocado oil.
- Take cheese and gently fold into batter, then the whites. Dough should be light and fluffy. (If needed add more watermelon liquid, or flour to accomplish the consistency of a light pancake dough. I have found that some days I need to add nothing, or other days one or the other. Seems to depend on the weather at times.
- Use pancake grill, as per instructions of brand. When pancakes are made place a pancake into each dish. With use of balls and cut watermelon strips make faces. Even Watermelon hair can be added. Adults and children enjoy the watermelon healthy face pancakes,
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon