If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Layers of lemony Greek yogurt and berries macerated in Limoncello —Ala Lemon
grams / 1½ cup Greek yogurt (or see Note)
Zest of 1½ lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
tablespoons icing sugar
grams / 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and patted dry
grams / 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed and patted dry
tablespoons lemon juice
To serve: crushed biscuits, fresh mint leaves
- Line a fine sieve with a paper towel and allow the yogurt to drain for about an hour. Don’t leave it longer or it will dry out.
- In a bowl, combine with 1 tbsp Limoncello and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Add the blueberries and toss to coat. In another bowl, repeat the procedure with the raspberries. It’s OK if the raspberries get a little mashed in the process. Let the berries macerate for about 30 minutes.
- Tip the yogurt into a bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, 1 tbsp icing sugar and mix well. Adjust the sugar and lemon juice – the cream should be tangy but not too sweet.
- Cover the bottom of serving glasses or small bowls with blueberries. Top with a nice dollop of yogurt, then a layer of raspberries, and another of yogurt.
- Keep in the fridge until serving time.
- Decorate with crushed biscuits, leftover berries and a mint leaf.
- Note: for a creamier, less guilt-free dessert, substitute mascarpone for the yogurt