Author Notes: Layers of lemony Greek yogurt and berries macerated in Limoncello —Ala Lemon
grams / 1½ cup Greek yogurt (or see Note)
Zest of 1½ lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
tablespoons icing sugar
grams / 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and patted dry
grams / 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed and patted dry
tablespoons lemon juice
To serve: crushed biscuits, fresh mint leaves
In This Recipe
- Line a fine sieve with a paper towel and allow the yogurt to drain for about an hour. Don’t leave it longer or it will dry out.
- In a bowl, combine with 1 tbsp Limoncello and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Add the blueberries and toss to coat. In another bowl, repeat the procedure with the raspberries. It’s OK if the raspberries get a little mashed in the process. Let the berries macerate for about 30 minutes.
- Tip the yogurt into a bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, 1 tbsp icing sugar and mix well. Adjust the sugar and lemon juice – the cream should be tangy but not too sweet.
- Cover the bottom of serving glasses or small bowls with blueberries. Top with a nice dollop of yogurt, then a layer of raspberries, and another of yogurt.
- Keep in the fridge until serving time.
- Decorate with crushed biscuits, leftover berries and a mint leaf.
- Note: for a creamier, less guilt-free dessert, substitute mascarpone for the yogurt