If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have dabbled with sesame in sweet dishes before, and this recipe stemmed from wanting a watermelon frozen treat that looked like it had little watermelon seeds inside. —Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus
Makes: 4-6 popsicles (depending on your molds)
of a large watermelon, fruit cut away from the rind
cup granulated sugar
teaspoons black sesame seeds
teaspoon toasted sesame oil
small pinch of salt
- Place your watermelon (seeds excluded) into a blender and blend into juice. You can alternatively use a juicer for a smoother final product depending on your preference.
- Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar, water, and black sesame seeds in a small saucepan and bringing to a boil, stirring just until the sugar dissolves. Take off the heat and add the toasted sesame oil. Let the simple syrup cool to room temperature.
- Combine the watermelon juice and simple syrup with a pinch of salt and freeze in popsicle molds, about 4 hours to completely set. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon