Author Notes: I have dabbled with sesame in sweet dishes before, and this recipe stemmed from wanting a watermelon frozen treat that looked like it had little watermelon seeds inside. —Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus
Makes: 4-6 popsicles (depending on your molds)
of a large watermelon, fruit cut away from the rind
cup granulated sugar
teaspoons black sesame seeds
teaspoon toasted sesame oil
small pinch of salt
- Place your watermelon (seeds excluded) into a blender and blend into juice. You can alternatively use a juicer for a smoother final product depending on your preference.
- Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar, water, and black sesame seeds in a small saucepan and bringing to a boil, stirring just until the sugar dissolves. Take off the heat and add the toasted sesame oil. Let the simple syrup cool to room temperature.
- Combine the watermelon juice and simple syrup with a pinch of salt and freeze in popsicle molds, about 4 hours to completely set. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon