If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing like a last-minute dish with a punch full of flavor for your next pool party, BBQ, family picnic, or just something quick to whip up for your week. Dip fresh veggies, meat/fish, pita, chips, crackers, pizza base, sandwich spread instead of mayo, or thin it out for an amazing dressing. The ideas are endless! Note: the below has no tahini added but feel free to add a tablespoon for a more velvety sesame-flavor. —Stacy
- 1 15-oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed (no salt preferred)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup Sriracha (or more as desired)
- 1/2 tablespoon Tamari
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed to a paste (roasted would enhance the flavor)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 1/4-1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Option: 1-2 tb tahini
- Blend everything together in a food processor, except extra virgin olive oil.
- Slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil as you combine hummus ingredients. Add more water for thinner hummus. More velvety add 1 tb tahini and/or extra virgin olive oil.
- Refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes for flavors to combine.
- Store in a refrigerator in an airtight container. Lasts about a week (if it truly lasts that long!)