Lemon curd ice cream with shortbread crumbles
Lemon curd ice cream with shortbread crumbles—Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: 1 quart
cup unsalted butter, softened
cup powdered sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup all purpose flour
Lemon Curd Ice Cream
cup whole milk
cups heavy cream
cup store bought or home made lemon curd
In This Recipe
- To prepare shortbread crust, line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in a bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce the speed to low and sift in the flour and salt until just incorporated.
- Gather dough and press the dough to the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake the shortbread for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Then roughly crumble the shortbread into small pieces. Set aside.
- To prepare ice cream, combine milk, heavy cream, salt and sugar in a medium sauce pan. Bring mixture to simmer, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Let cool over a bowl of ice water, or chill in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in lemon curd until smooth.
- Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Few minutes before it’s done processing, add the shortbread crumbles while the machine is running.
- Transfer to an airtight container, cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.