If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know it sounds odd, but watermelon and mango actually compliment each other, together with a hint freshness of mint and lemon juice, and vodka (totally optional, it's so yummy even without it!) —Semadar Gordel
for the sorbe
- 1 pound watermelon cut into 2" pieces
- 1 pound ripe mango, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 juice of one lemon
- 1 pound sugar syrup (bring to boil 1.5 cups of sugar with 1.5 cups of water)
- 5 tablespoons vodka (optional)
for the mango puree (optional)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons confectioner sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- In a food processor combine together: mango, watermelon, sugar syrup, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour into an ice cream maker until it reaches the right consistency. if an ice cream maker is not available, pour the mixture into a wide pan and put in the freezer. when it's fully frozen, brake into pieces and grind using a food processor.
- Mango puree: put the mango, confectioner sugar and lemon juice into a food processor, grind until smooth, cool for at least 2 hours before use.
- Lemon-mint jello pyramids: in a food processor, grind together 15-20 mint leaves, 1/8 cup of sugar syrup and a juice of 1/2 lemon. In a sauce pan bring to boil 1/3 cup of water, when boiled, pour into a bowl and add 1 tsp of gelatin, stir with a fork, and add the mint-lemon-mix, pour into a pyramid (or ice cube mold), put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- serve the sorbet as is or add mango puree and lemon-mint jello pyramids
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon