If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After scooping out a cantaloupe on 4th of July for melon balls wrapped in prosciutto, I was left with this gorgeous hollowed out bowl. We had watermelon as well -- so I decided to create this watermelon soup with all the luscious juice of the cantaloupe and watermelon and a little savory touch of feta and basil as a dessert. —coffeefoodwritergirl
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 small watermelon
- 3 leaves basil - sliced very thin
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Cut cantaloupe in half and scoop out using melon baller. (You can wrap the melon balls in prosciutto, secure them with a toothpick and serve them as an appetizer if you'd like.) Pour off all melon juice and save.
- Cut watermelon in half and scoop out small balls with a melon baller. Reserve all melon juice and pour off of watermelon. Scoop out enough balls to fill both halves of cantaloupe. (about 4 1/2 cups - but depends on size of cantaloupe)
- Add watermelon balls and juice to both halves of cantaloupe. Divide feta cheese (I used Bulgarian, it's a little tangier) between both cantaloupe halves and toss very lightly. Garnish with basil.