If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom made this pizza for my family every summer growing up and it's always been a favorite of mine.
A note on its source: Honestly, I have no idea where this pizza came from. My mom sent it to me on a xeroxed piece of paper that I think a friend faxed to her of an old magazine clipping—so if you know the source, speak up! That being said, I've adapted it slightly—and wherever it came from, it's one of my favorite summer recipes so I'm thankful for it! —Leslie Stephens
Makes 1 slightly lumpy pizza
For the pizza assembly:
- 6 ounces pizza dough (I used Jim Leahy's Genius No-Knead dough)
- 1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- 4 tablespoons garlic sauce (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup chopped leeks
- 10 raw jumbo shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- Chopped chives, as garnish
For the garlic pizza sauce:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Italian parsley
- To make the garlic sauce, in a food processor, combine all of the ingredients together and set aside. (May be kept refrigerated about 10 days or may be frozen.)
- For the pizza, spread garlic sauce evenly over the dough to within 1/2-inch of the edge and spread cheese and leeks evenly over dough.
- Bake at 450° F for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place shrimp and the sun-dried tomatoes on top and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove, garnish with chopped chives, cut into 8 pieces, and serve!