If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A creamy peach ice cream with chunks of ripe fruit and pieces of nilla wafer. —garlic and zest
- 4 large ripe peaches, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup peach schnapps
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup nilla wafers
- Slice 3 of the peaches into eighths and add them to the bowl of a blender along with the schnapps, lemon juice and salt. Blend until peaches are pureed. Set aside.
- Dice the remaining peach into 1/4"-1/2" pieces. Set aside.
- n a medium mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until thickened and pale yellow. Add the flour and beat until combined. Set aside.
- Bring the milk to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan. Using a hand mixer, slowly beat the hot milk into the egg mixture. Pour back into the saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk or wooden spoon until custard thickens. Be careful not to boil the custard or the eggs will scramble. Strain the custard through a sieve into a large, clean bowl. Let the custard cool slightly, then stir in the peach puree and cream. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled - at least 2 hours.
- Stir the chilled custard, then transfer it to your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturers instructions. When ice cream is almost ready, add the peaches and nilla wafers and continue to mix until well incorporated. When ice cream is ready, it will be like soft-serve. For a firmer consistency, transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and chill for 2 hours.