If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vegan twist on the traditional, beloved Banana Split but equally as decadent. —[email protected]
Vegan Banana Split Ice Cream
- 10 strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 cup or can, cream of coconut
- 4 cups coconut milk, coconut fat separated in bowl
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate, chopped
Whipped Chocolate Coconut Cream, Strawberry and Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil/fat
- 1 cup semi sweet dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 cup remaining coconut fat
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Banana Split Ice Cream 1.Refrigerate the bananas, strawberries and coconut milk for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. 2.Open the cans of coconut milk and separate the hardened coconut cream from the milk. Add all of the coconut milk, sugar, bananas, half of the chocolate chips, pecans and strawberries to a food processor and process for 2 minutes. 3.Pour mix into a container and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours. (I like to store my ice cream mix directly in the ice cream machine's metal bowl.) 4.When the ice cream mix is sufficiently chilled, add to ice cream machine and churn for a minimum of 30-45 minutes or until the ice cream is the desired consistency. Add the chopped chocolate the last 2 minutes of churning. (If ice cream is still soft-serve can freeze for 2 hours before serving.) If you don't have an ice cream machine, place container in freezer for a minimum of 6 hours until fully set.
- Strawberry Sauce 1.While the ice cream is churning, prep for the strawberry sauce and slice the strawberries. 2.Add strawberries and sugar to a small bowl. 3.Continue stirring them until the sugar dissolves completely leaving a delicious strawberry syrup and refrigerate.
- Chocolate Sauce 1.Heat the coconut milk and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low to medium heat. 2.Add the chocolate, stirring until it's melted and smooth. 3.Promptly remove from heat when all of the chocolate is melted and cool to room temperature.
- Coconut Chocolate Whipped Cream 1.Make sure the coconut milk has been refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight. Using the remaining dense coconut cream/fat combine 3 tbsp chocolate syrup and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. 2.Beat on high 3-5 minutes keeping an eye on the cream, until it becomes fluffy and light. Then whip the vanilla extract into coconut cream for 1 minute. 3.Once ice cream is ready, add 2 scoops to a small bowl and drizzle chocolate sauce and strawberries and top with chocolate whipped coconut cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut