If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fettucini w/ Clam Sauce - packed full of flavor! —mtlabor
- 1/2 pound fettucini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces can clams, chopped (juice reserved, optional)
- 3/4 cup chardonnay
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- small handful parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the fettucini to al dente. Drain.
- While waiting for pasta to boil, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet until medium high heat. Add clams and garlic and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in wine and cook for another 3-5 minutes, scraping up any brown bits from pan. Add remaining tablespoon of butter and stir until melted.
- Lower heat and add in lemon juice. Stir in parsley and whipping cream. Then add in 3/4 cup parmesan cheese. Stir until all incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste. If you want more clam flavor, add in small portion of reserved clam juice until it's just perfect for your tastes.
- Drain pasta and toss pasta in sauce until well incorporated. Serve on hot plates and with remaining parmesan cheese for garnish if you'd like!