Author Notes: Simple and easy coconut macaroons, dipped in chocolate and topped with milk chocolate toffee bits. —Michelle Candler
ounces sweetened flaked coconut
large egg whites
teaspoon almond extract
teaspoon kosher salt
cups semisweet chocolate chips
teaspoons canola/vegetable oil
cup toffee milk chocolate bits
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add in egg whites and almond extract and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Scoop out mixture with your hands (about 1/4 cup size) and form into a ball (the mixture will be wet, but just pack the cookie together as well as you can).
- Place onto baking sheet and press down lightly.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes (the edges and bottoms will get very brown). Remove cookies and let cool.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips with oil in the microwave in 15 second increments (for about 1 minute total), stirring each increment.
- Dip the tops of each cookie into the chocolate and sprinkle with toffee bits.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut