If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This gluten and dairy-free cake is deliciously moist, chocolatey and not too sweet. —The Kate Tin
For the cake
- 75 grams coconut flour
- 30 grams ground almonds
- 120 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14 grams baking powder
- 250 grams Muscovado sugar
- 7 large eggs
For the ganache
- 200 milliliters unsweetened tinned coconut milk
- 60 grams light brown sugar
- 12 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- Coconut shavings, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius. Grease and line 2 x 15 cm cake tins. Mix together the coconut milk and eggs and add to the dry ingredients.
- Combine the flour, almonds, cocoa, baking powder and sugar.Whisk well to combine then pour into the prepared cake tins. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth then allow to cool. Assemble the cake by sandwiching with the ganache then topping with remaining ganache. Sprinkle with the coconut shavings to decorate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut