Author Notes: Mixed flavours with the tropical flair from Thailand and the finesse from France
This dessert has been a really big hit at dinner parties. Combining the French flair with the exotic flavours of Thailand, the combination of coconut and the tangy flavours of the passion fruit make this dish a palatable delight. —Joel Mielle
cups Full cream milk
cup Coconut cream (1 tin full fat)
whole egg yolks
Tin of passion fruit pulp
- Add sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Add all the eggs and egg yolks. (you can also add vanilla pod seeds for extra flavour)
- In a large saucepan, add the milk and bring to a low simmer.
- Add the coconut milk to the simmering milk and heat for 20 seconds.
- Add the hot milk to the sugar and egg mixture, whisking fast to avoid the eggs from cooking.
- Strain in fine strainer incase of cooked eggs.
- Pour into dariole oven proof moulds.
- Place moulds in Bain Marie (a tray with hot water).
- Bake in oven for 60 minutes at a temperature of 140C or 285F
- Remove from oven and let cool down on bench. Refrigerate overnight.
- Un-mould coconut creme by placing it upside down on plate and loosening the edges.
- Serve with passion fruit pulp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut