If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quindim (pronounced keen-DEEN). Is a popular Brazilian baked dessert made from sugar, eggs and coconut. This baked Brazilian dessert has a creamy coconut set custard, similar to flan. It's delicious!! —BrazilianFlairintheUSA
- 10 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3.6 ounces shredded coconut
- 200ml milliliters coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 piece vanilla bean
- Dash pinches salt
- Butter for the mold
- Sugar for the mold
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F).
- In a bowl add the coconut milk into the shredded coconut to hydrate for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together using spatula.
- Tip the egg mixture into the baking pan.
- Place baking dish into a large tray filled approximately half way up with warm water -“water bath”.
- Move tray and baking dish to the oven and bake, cover it with foil , until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean – approximately 1:30 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to come to a room temperature before turning out.
- Serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut