If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bring in the summer with this ultra refreshing watermelon cocktail!
Easy to make, easy to drink, and dangerous in large quantities, this recipe is also a cinch to modify to your tastes. Use vodka or rum in place of tequila, passionfruit or mango instead of watermelon, or even infuse your simple syrup with rosemary or another herb for an extra layer of flavor. —Leemoe Jones
For the Rim
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 pinch Smoked Paprika
For the cocktail
- 2.5 ounces Tequila
- 2.5 ounces Watermelon Puree
- 1.25 ounces Lime Juice
- .75 ounces Simple Syrup
- For the rim, simply mix equal parts sugar and salt, and add smoked paprika to your taste. You can also use smoked salt and sugar, leaving out the paprika. Dip one edge of your glass (or the whole rim if you'd like) in water or lime juice, and roll in mixture.
- For the cocktail, add all ingredients to a shaker with a scoop of ice (~5 cubes) and shake until frothy, about 30 seconds. Pour directly into glass, add any garnishes you'd like, and serve. I like to serve it with an extra lime wedge and a skewered blackberry.
- ** Watermelon puree is nothing more than blended seedless watermelon.
- **For simple syrup, mix equal parts water and sugar over med-high heat and stir until fully dissolved and glossy.