If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A DIY that'll take you back to your camp days. —Katherine Hysmith
rock or coarse sea salt
cups coconut milk
cup heavy cream
unsweetened coconut flakes
- Fill the large zip-top bag halfway with ice. Sprinkle about 5 tablespoons salt over the ice.
- In the small zip-top bag, combine the milk, cream, vanilla, sugar, and pinch of salt. Firmly seal and shake to mix the ingredients.
- Carefully nestle the small bag into the ice in the large bag. Firmly seal the large bag and vigorously shake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the contents of the small bag have begun to solidify. Wrap the bags in a kitchen towel or don two oven mitts to keep your hands from freezing.
- Carefully remove the small bag from the large bag and wipe the seal with a damp paper towel to remove any salt water. To the bag add a handful of coconut flakes and a couple tablespoons of cacao nibs and stir to combine. Spoon contents into a bowl or a cone or eat straight from the bag.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut