Author Notes: A DIY that'll take you back to your camp days. —Katherine Hysmith
rock or coarse sea salt
cups coconut milk
cup heavy cream
unsweetened coconut flakes
- Fill the large zip-top bag halfway with ice. Sprinkle about 5 tablespoons salt over the ice.
- In the small zip-top bag, combine the milk, cream, vanilla, sugar, and pinch of salt. Firmly seal and shake to mix the ingredients.
- Carefully nestle the small bag into the ice in the large bag. Firmly seal the large bag and vigorously shake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the contents of the small bag have begun to solidify. Wrap the bags in a kitchen towel or don two oven mitts to keep your hands from freezing.
- Carefully remove the small bag from the large bag and wipe the seal with a damp paper towel to remove any salt water. To the bag add a handful of coconut flakes and a couple tablespoons of cacao nibs and stir to combine. Spoon contents into a bowl or a cone or eat straight from the bag.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut