If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This originally started as "Triple Oat Granola with Dried Cranberries" from Hensperger's and Kaufmann's The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. But I've since simplified the fiber sources, lessened the sweetness, added coconut, and swapped out the nuts. It's a forgiving recipe. Make it your own. —Slothical
Makes: 12 cups or so
cups old fashioned oats
cup unsweetened flaked coconut
cup chopped raw almonds (use whatever you have/like)
cup honey (can be lowered to 1/3 cup if you prefer a "healthier" taste)
cup maple syrup (can be lowered to 1/3 cup if you prefer a "healthier" taste)
cup vegetable oil (or other mild tasting oil)
cups dried cranberries (or any other dried fruit you like/have)
- Preheat oven to 325. Position oven racks in top third and bottom third of oven. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place oats, coconut, and almonds in a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Heat honey, maple syrup, water, and oil in a saucepan until just boiling, stirring occasionally. Turn off stove and pour hot liquid over oat mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
- Distribute granola between two baking sheets and bake. Stir and swap positions every 12 minutes or until granola is evenly browned.
- Immediately stir in cranberries to the hot granola (the cranberries need to dry out just a little or else the granola will go stale quickly). And let granola cool on wire racks. Once cooled, place in airtight container. (I have no idea how long it'll keep but we keep ours at room temperature on the counter. I suspect it can last at least 2 weeks.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
More Great Recipes: