If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ( Burfi is a Hindi word for what many people know as fudge)
A marriage of exotic juicy and fruity flavor of mango with the creamy seductive heady flavor of coconut, culminates in a sensuous, ambrosial treat that tastes too good to be easy and quick!
But easy and quick it certainly is!
Takes ONLY 10 minutes to prepare this luscious treat for your loved ones.
MANGO COCONUT BURFI
Almonds blended and separated inth almond meal and tiny pieces
cups 1/2 cup
- 1. Set a wide shallow no-stick pan at medium heat.
- 2. Warm clarified butter in the pan and add coconut powder. Mix well. Roast for 30-40 seconds while tossing continuously.
- 3. Add milk and stir occasionally till all milk dries up.
- 4. Sprinkle milk powder and mix thoroughly.
- 5. Add almond meal and 1/3 of the almond pieces. Mix well and roast till it becomes dry.
- 6. Add mango pulp, Stir and increase heat to high. Keep stirring.
- Add sugar and keep roasting till the mix becomes dry.
- Switch off the heat when the mix lumps together.
- Allow the mix to cool and then transfer to a greased plate.
- Using a table knife/spatula/hands, shape the mix to a square.
- Mark cuts in the square for easy cutting later. Onec cooled down, cover with a cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours. Finally cut into small squares and enjoy homemade mango coconut burfi.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut