If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fast Easy Cheap —Jay Bosse
- 2 cups all purpose flou
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- fresh cracked peper
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, garlic powder, and some freshly cracked pepper (about 5 cranks of a pepper mill).
- Cut the cold butter into chunks, then add to the bowl with the flour mixture. Work the butter into the flour mixture with your hands or a pastry cutter until the texture of the flour resembles damp sand and no large chunks of butter remain. Stir in the shredded cheddar and sliced green onions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs until smooth. Pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until a ball of sticky dough forms and no more dry flour remains on the bottom of the bowl. Use your hands, if necessary, to form the dough into a cohesive ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press it into an 8 inch diameter circle (about 1-inch thick). Cut the circle into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheated 400 degree oven for about 18 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown. Serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature