If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Green onions, ginger and sesame oil are pan-fried into a pie then sliced into wedges. Easy, fast weeknight dinner. —Becki
- 4 eggs
- 3 green onions, chopped to make about 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped to make about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 4 tablespoons neutral oil, like grape seed, divided
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish until frothy.
- Add in green onion, ginger, cilantro and sesame oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir well.
- Toss in cooked pasta, combine well.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large non-stick skillet over moderate heat.
- When ingredients are mixed up and standing by, pour in half the grape seed oil and heat for a moment.
- Quickly pour in pasta mixture and spread out to edges of the pan.
- Cook over moderate heat until golden brown on the bottom (peeking with a spatula is easy), 6-8 minutes.
- Invert the cake unto a large platter or cutting board, return skillet to heat, add in remaining oil and slide cake back into skillet. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes, until browned.
- Slice into pie shapes and serve. Tastes great at room temperature and leftovers straight from the fridge are excellent, too.
- Adapted from Asparagus to Zuchinni