Author Notes: Green onions, ginger and sesame oil are pan-fried into a pie then sliced into wedges. Easy, fast weeknight dinner. —Becki
green onions, chopped to make about 1 cup
teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced
cup cilantro leaves, chopped to make about 1/4 cup
tablespoons sesame oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
cups cooked angel hair pasta
tablespoons neutral oil, like grape seed, divided
In This Recipe
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish until frothy.
- Add in green onion, ginger, cilantro and sesame oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir well.
- Toss in cooked pasta, combine well.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large non-stick skillet over moderate heat.
- When ingredients are mixed up and standing by, pour in half the grape seed oil and heat for a moment.
- Quickly pour in pasta mixture and spread out to edges of the pan.
- Cook over moderate heat until golden brown on the bottom (peeking with a spatula is easy), 6-8 minutes.
- Invert the cake unto a large platter or cutting board, return skillet to heat, add in remaining oil and slide cake back into skillet. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes, until browned.
- Slice into pie shapes and serve. Tastes great at room temperature and leftovers straight from the fridge are excellent, too.
- Adapted from Asparagus to Zuchinni