If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The rich coconut flavor is complimented by bits of vanilla bean in every bite you take. You can substitue for light coconut milk for a healthier version. Serve chilled with or without fruit and whipped cream for a taste of the islands. —Dee
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 10 egg yolks
- 1-2 vanilla beans scraped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat over to 370*
- To make caramel: Put sugar and water on boil with a dash of lemon juice to prevent sticking from side of pot. Cook until golden co lor. Meanwhile, take vanilla beans, coconut milk, condensed milk and yolks and mix in mixer or blender until incorporated.
- Pour caramel in an oven safe ceramic dish (circle oval/rectangle casserole dish or indivdual ramekins) spread evenly on bottom by rotating dish around to coat.
- Pour egg mixture on top, be careful not to overfill when using ramekins. Cover dish or ramekins with foil and place inside larger baking pan. Slowly fill with water until it reaches halfway to dish to create water bath.
- Cook for 40mins.
- Let rest at room temp, then refrigerate for a few hours before inverting on place and serving. *Can be dressed with slices of strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut