If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sherbet is refreshing, summery and tropical, while the smokiness from the grilled pineapple adds a wonderful depth. A sherbet is usually a sorbet with dairy added which in this instance I replaced with light coconut milk. —heinstirred
- 125 milliliters water
- 100 milliliters sugar
- 400 milliliters light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 450 grams fresh pineapple slices (peeled and cored)
- pinches salt
- a few tablespoons shredded or dessicated coconut – dry toasted in a pan over medium heat until golden brown
- a few more pieces of grilled pineapple for garnish (optional)
- Brush each pineapple slice lightly with some oil and grill each side for 3 minutes on a hot griddle pan.
- Once all the slices are grilled, blitz until smooth.
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Mix the pineapple, coconut milk, sugar syrup, lemon juice and salt and chill for at least 6 hours and then churn in an ice cream maker.
- Put in a suitable container and freeze until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut