Author Notes: This sherbet is refreshing, summery and tropical, while the smokiness from the grilled pineapple adds a wonderful depth. A sherbet is usually a sorbet with dairy added which in this instance I replaced with light coconut milk. —heinstirred
milliliters light coconut milk
tablespoon lemon juice
grams fresh pineapple slices (peeled and cored)
a few tablespoons shredded or dessicated coconut – dry toasted in a pan over medium heat until golden brown
a few more pieces of grilled pineapple for garnish (optional)
- Brush each pineapple slice lightly with some oil and grill each side for 3 minutes on a hot griddle pan.
- Once all the slices are grilled, blitz until smooth.
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Mix the pineapple, coconut milk, sugar syrup, lemon juice and salt and chill for at least 6 hours and then churn in an ice cream maker.
- Put in a suitable container and freeze until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut