If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken strips are our favorite food.. ever. This version features a gluten-free breading with a sweet and slightly spicy dipping sauce. —Courtney Stultz
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup mango, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- In a bowl, combine milk and lemon juice. Add chicken strips into milk mixture and let set for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut, flour, garlic salt, cumin, chili powder, ginger and pepper and mix well.
- Gently coat each chicken strip in dry mixture and place in a skillet to fry or on a greased baking sheet.
- Pan fry in 2 Tbsp coconut oil or bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes (turning halfway through) or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, place sauce ingredients in a small blender.
- Blend until smooth and pour into a saucepan.
- Bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes before serving with chicken strips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut