If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been tinkering with several smoothie recipes to demonstrate at a superfood-related workshop at my local library. This one is my personal favorite. Whether or not you believe the superfood hype, believe me when I say this smoothie is delicious AND easy to make! Be sure to use the type of coconut milk found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket, NOT the canned variety.
If you have fresh blueberries, freeze them overnight for best results. —ohyoucook
Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, partially thawed
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (NOT the canned variety)
- 2 tablespoons sweetned flaked coconut (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds (plus more for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Process 30-60 seconds or until smooth.
- Divide mixture between 2 tall glasses. Garnish with additional flaked coconut and hemp seeds, if desired. Pop in a straw and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut