If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The name of this cake literally represents the cake itself. We made a very American peach cake to go along with a very Brazilian filling and glaze. Both filling and glaze are sweet staples of a lot of Brazilian desserts: condensed milk and coconut. This cake is a great option for the warm weather because it has a mix of flavors and it needs to be served cold!! Enjoy it! —BrazilianFlairintheUSA
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups diced peaches
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 can creme de leite
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups toasted coconut flakes
- Cream butter and sugar and add egg.
- Add flour, soda, salt and milk and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in peaches.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured cakes rounds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Set aside on a rack to cool.
- When cool turn out onto a sheet pan.
- For the filling
- Cook the condensed milk, egg yolks (only) and coconut milk, stirring slowly to combine with the yolks
- When it starts to simmer, mix the corn starch dissolved with 3/4 c. of water and add it to the cream filling.
- It is going to get thick very fast.
- The thickness of the filling is up to you.
- Make the glaze when everything is done. You can’t leave this for a long time out of the refrigerator because it will separate.
- Whisk the egg whites in a mixing bowl until semi stiff.
- Add sugar slowly and then the creme de leite (drain the liquid in the can).
- Continue whisking until combined and stiff peaks form.
- Place the first layer of cake on a plate and spread the filling liberally on the cake.
- Place the second cake layer on top.
- Spread glaze over the top and sides of the cake, the toasted coconut and the fresh peaches on top.
- 3 fresh peacesh for decoration, peeled and cut into slices.
- Refrigerate the cake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut