If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You'll find excuses to put this spread on everything and anything. I love it on toast or swirled into oatmeal. —Emily
Food52 Review: Excuse me while I dig straight into this jar with a spoon. The nut butter's a standout and certainly my newest pantry staple in lieu of store-bought varieties. When you marry roasted almonds with toasted coconut, it's nut butter umami. Dial it up with raw manuka honey and achieve pure, wholesome bliss. I suggest adding a tablespoon of coconut oil as you're grinding the ingredients in a food processor: It speeds up the process a bit and adds a more robust coconut flavor. —Allison Walton
Makes about 1 cup
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons local honey (or maple syrup, if vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the almonds in a single layer on the sheet, then toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from pan immediately so that they do not continue to toast.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the same pan, place in the oven, and toast for about 3 minutes. The coconut will start to toast as soon as it comes into contact with the pan, so watch it carefully. You want it a very light golden color. Remove from the pan immediately when done.
- Add the toasted almonds coconut to a food processor. Add the sea salt, and pulse to blend. Scrape down the sides every minute or so, but it will take about 5 to 7 minutes total to get to nut butter consistency. When the desired consistency is reached, add the honey and pulse a few times to incorporate it. (If you add the honey sooner, the mixture tends to be a bit gluey.) Enjoy!
- Editor's note: If the butter seems crumbly, stir in coconut or a neutral oil until it's spreadable.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut