If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A blend of South Texas and Thai food. We took our inspiration by what was growing in our garden, fresh lemongrass and Thai basil. The recipe was modeled after a Thai coconut soup but with a Texas flair. —In The Kitchen With My Sister
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger- Diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Garlic- Minced
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 16 ounces Unsweetned Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 sprig Fresh Lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Thai Basil Leaves
Sauce and Tacos
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1.5 cups Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 4 tablespoons Chili Garlic Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Unsweetened Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- Mix together all ingredients in marinade. Let sit for 3-12 hours.
- Cook chicken in marinade at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until cooked throughout.
- Sauce: mix together chili garlic paste, coconut milk, and lime juice.
- Warm tortillas (either on stove top or microwave for 30 seconds)
- Top tortillas with purple cabbage, chicken, and sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut