If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Coconut cake, cheese and coconut cream filling... A delicacy that captivates, but this is not a regular coconut cake, it's a very unique one a VERTICAL layer coconut cake. —Vanessa Hernández Farias
- 100 grams of all purpose flour
- 20 grams of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 pieces eggs
- 140 grams of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 300 grams of cream cheese
- 100 grams of coconut yogurt
- 50 grams of powdered sugar
- Grated coconut (at taste)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract
- We start with the cream cheese filling, this cream will be the filling and frosting of your cake to start beat the cream cheese and yogurt until smooth then add the powdered sugar, your grated coconut, the whipping cream and the rest of the ingredients. Transfer your mix to a different bowl, cover with a plastic wrap and reserve in the fridge.
- For the cake you need to preheat your oven over 350ºF. In the bowl of your electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs on low speed and gradually add the sugar. In a different bowl sieve all your dry ingredients
- When the eggs are super fluffy stop whisking and fold all your dry ingredients into the eggs and sugar mixture. Lastly add the vanilla and the water. Pour the batter into the parchment-lined pan, my pan is about 8” wide and 12” long. Bake around 7 minutes, yup! It’s super quickly done, so watch it closely.
- Turn out cake and dust with powdered sugar, cover with another sheet of wax paper and turn the pan over and gently peel back the initial parchment from the cake and dust with powdered sugar in that side too.
- Gently make a roll with the warm cake on itself keeping the parchment wrap between the layers so it won’t stick, set aside to cool.
- When cake is cool gently unfold it and distribute evenly your coconut cream cheese filling. With a serrated knife cut the cake in halves, roll one of the halves and match end-to-end with the next cake and continue to roll and wrap the cakes around, cover your brand new vertical layer coconut cake with you parchment paper and let it rest in the fridge for 12 hours
- Cover your vertical layer coconut cake with white chocolate cream once is set and harden add some more of your coconut cream. Decorate with some edible flowers, some fruit you like I used raspberries because I love them and they loved the cake when they first met, I swear Let it cool before serving.