If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh white fish blackened with a peppery spice rub, cooled with a tropical pineapple coconut salsa. —Raromero89
Makes 4 tacos
- 8 ounces White fish, such as tilapia
- 3 tablespoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Pineapple, small dice
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime
- Pat the fish fillets dry and let sit out while you prepare the spice rub.
- Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne together in a small bowl. Heavily sprinkle over the fillets on all sides.
- Heat some oil in a skillet until smoking. Carefully lay the fish onto the oil. Cook on one side until deeply seared. Flip the fish over and do the same on the other side.
- Combine the pineapple, mango, onion, cilantro, and coconut in a bowl. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the salsa and toss to combine. Season with salt.
- Warm the tortillas and fill with pieces of fish and salsa. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut