If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best way to start a morning. Warm toast slathered with a thick layer of macadamia nut butter, juicy mango and a rain of shaved coconut. Popped under the toaster for a moment or two, this is a toast unlike any other. —Jane Katz
slices of soft whole wheat bread (alternatively, you could use King's Hawaiian rolls)
tablespoons macadamia nut butter
cup shaved coconut
pinches flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Toast bread under the broiler for a few minutes, just until it gets warm.
- Smother both slices of bread with macadamia butter (or replace this with your favorite nut butter).
- Peel the mango skin and discard. Use a sturdy vegetable peeler to shave off about 10 thin slices. You could also cut enough chunks or thick slices to cover both pieces of bread.
- Rest the razor-thin fruit atop the toast, and sprinkle with a parade of coconut flakes and a pinch of sea salt.
- Return the topped bread under the broiler for just 30-45 seconds, until the coconut begins to get it's tan on. Cut into dainty triangles and enjoy immediately!