If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you have a plethora of really ripe bananas, make these Banana Chip Muffins. Banana bread is delicious, but so predictable. —sweetisthespice
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur all purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup unrefined organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Sweet & Salty Surrender from Sweet Is The Spice
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 really ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil liquefied
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix first 5 ingredients together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the bananas mashing them with a fork. (Leave some chunks of banana.)
- Add in water, oil and vanilla and mix.
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add in chips and mix again.
- Spray muffin tins with coconut spray and fill each ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for approximately 15-18 min. Rotating the pans from the middle to the bottom.
- Insert a toothpick into a muffin to check for doneness. No batter should remain.
- Cool in tins for about 15 min and cool remaining time on a wire rack.