If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy and delightfully different dessert is not only fun to eat but your kids will love to help assemble.
The other day my captain B. and I had a sweet tooth and nothing sweet in the house (except me of course). My cravings were so intense I was about to settle on a piece of bread with jam but when I opened the fridge and saw the pack of tortilla I got the idea to make the fruit sushi – frushi.
During my mission trip to Haiti, a few years back, tortilla wraps with jam and peanut butter were our daily lunch. Our little mobile medical clinic rode on a bus every morning to a different village; we set up our supplies under a tent and saw patients all day long without a break. There were no bathrooms, not even portable Johns and thank God we didn’t have to go. It was so hot, we were sweating our liquid intake right through and then some.
I got quite fond of the simple lunch and to-date it is still my favorite. It also reminds me of the great group of people I served with and of those less fortunate. A PB&J tortilla wrap makes me more aware of my blessings than my loaded meatloaf deluxe ever could.
I fancied it up by adding fruit and different spreads. Combinations are endless. This frushi satisfied our cravings and it was so fun to eat dipping the pieces in chocolate syrup and strawberry coulis! —All that's Jas
Makes 15-18 pieces
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 2 bananas
- 5-6 large strawberries, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 tablespoons marshamllow fluff
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons strawberry cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cool whip
- Frushi 1: Spread peanut or almond butter followed by jam evenly on one tortilla. Place one peeled banana along the side and roll up jellyroll style. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, twisting the ends.
- Frushi 2: Spread Nutella followed by marshmallow fluff on the second tortilla. Place one peeled banana along the side and roll up jellyroll style. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, twisting the ends.
- Frushi 3: Spread cream cheese followed by cool whip on third tortilla. Place strawberries along the side and roll up jellyroll style. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, twisting the ends.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, unwrap and slice ¾ to 1-inch thick (you should get 5-6 piec
- 1 cup quartered, hulled strawberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Combine strawberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice in blender. Purée until very smooth, then press through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Cover and refrigerate until cold. Coulis can be prepared one day ahead.
- Garnish frushi pieces with berries, chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts or however you desire. Serve with chocolate syrup and/or strawberry coulis as a dipping sauce and chopsticks. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts