Author Notes: The classic morning pairing of sausage and eggs are joined by cilantro for a new flavor. The citrusy herb cuts through all the savory ingredients for a new level of enjoyment. —Freestyle Food
Breakfast sausage, cut into rounds
Onion, small dice
tablespoons Fresh cilantro, chopped
Large eggs, whisked
cup Cheese, shredded
- Sautée the sausage and onion until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cilantro to the pot, then the eggs. Stir until the eggs start to set up and then leave them to brown.
- Gently lift one side of the omelet and tilt the pan so that the funny part of the eggs runs underneath the omelet.
- Once the omelet is set, flip the omelet in the pan, sprinkle the cheese on top, and slide it off the pan to a plate. Allow the second half of the omelet to fold over the cheese to create the classic half-circle shape.
- Top with your favorite salsa and enjoy.