If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The ultimate in crispy, tender wings with a spicy sweet glaze that is eyes-rolling-back-in-your-head good! —garlic and zest
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- sprinkle of kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Set oven rack to the top third of your oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cover a large baking sheet with tin foil. Set a wire rack on top of the baking sheet (I used a cooling rack) Set aside.
- Cut the chicken wings into sections: drums, flats and tips. Use a sharp chef's knife to cut between the joints of the drums and flats, and flats and tips. Save tips for making stock.
- Lay the drums and flats on the wire rack, so they are not touching. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake the wings for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile assemble the sauce. In a small bowl combine the garlic, sriracha, fish sauce, honey, soy sauce, lime zest and juice and stir to combine. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade for dipping.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush them with the marinade. Return them to the oven and cook for an additional 8 minutes. Remove them from the oven and flip them over. Brush with marinade and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until crisp and browned.
- Transfer wings to a serving platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve with reserved marinade for dipping or drizzling over the wings.