If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The classic spiced carrot cake made with Bertolli extra virgin olive oil for a unique fresh flavor. This recipe includes an easy whipped cream cheese frosting. —Raromero89
Makes 1 8-inch cake
- 1 1/3 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded carrots
- 1 cup Chopped pecans
- 1 cup Dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Chopped and smashed fresh pineapple
- 16 ounces Cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine the first 8 ingredients in a bowl and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil until combined.
- Add the egg mix to the dry mix and fold the two together until just combined. Do not over mix or the cake may come out dense.
- Fold in the carrots, nuts, and fruits.
- Prepare two 8-inch round cake pans by generously oiling them. Pour half of the batter into each pan so they are even. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- While the cake bake, prepare the cream cheese frosting. Place the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a mixer. Best together until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and continue beating until combined. Hold cold until cakes are ready.
- Cool the cakes in the pans for about 1 minute, so the cake pulls away from the sides. Invert them into a cooling rack and leave them until completely cooled.
- To assemble: lay one cake on a serving plate. Spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on top. Place the other cake on top to form the second layer. Spread cream cheese frosting over all of the cake, smoothing out any mounds.
- To finish, desired, stick additional pieces of nuts all over the frosting until covered. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg over the top.