If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The most imperfectly perfect almond butter cups that melt right in your mouth, leaving artificial flavors and refined sugars way behind. —Allison Walton
Makes 6 large almond butter cups
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- almond butter (of choice)
- In a bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao powder and sea salt and stir until smooth.
- Pour approximately 1 tbsp (more or less depending on your preference) of chocolate mixture into mini muffin cases/chocolate molds and place in the freezer for five minutes until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and spoon a thick layer of almond butter on top of the chocolate layer. Place back into the freezer until firm.
- Since these are raw and melt easily, serve immediately. (You'll also want them immediately.)