If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 pound lump crab meat, picked thru for any shells
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups crushed saltine crackers
- Combine the crabmeat, corn, onion, pepper, and celery and toss well.
- In another bowl, combine the mayo with the mustard, pepper and salt. Then using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the egg and 1/4 cup of the cracker crumbs.
- Form crab cakes (I try to keep them small as they are easier to turn when cooking) into a small ball and carefully coat them with the remaining cracker crumbs.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to two hours on a cookie sheet in the fridge.
- Heat oil and butter in frying pan and cook crab cakes over medium heat till golden on each side and cooked through.
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine mayo with garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, cilantro, and lemon juice.
- With a whisk or fork, slowly mix in the olive oil until it is absorbed. Season to taste; add any more cumin or paprika or lemon juice as you desire.
- Chill until ready to use.