If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes together with only 5 ingredients and a food processor. It's completely gluten free, vegan, and dairy free. The brownies are super dark - I would compare them to a 75% cacao chocolate bar. You have the option of adding 1 Tablespoon liquid sweetener (honey, maple syrup, or agave) when you add all of the rest of the ingredients to the food processor. This will make the brownies a bit sweeter. Although for me - I love super dark chocolate - they are perfect as is! —GlutenFreeBabe
Makes one 8x8 inch pyrex
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups soft pitted dates (I used Deglet, but Medjool are also fine)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add 1½ cups of the walnuts (reserving the other ½ cup) plus the remaining ingredients to a food processor.
- Turn on and puree until all the ingredients are combined and the mixture begins to form a ball of dough. This takes about 2 minutes in your food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Finely chop the remaining ½ cup walnuts and fold into your batter.
- Line an 8x8 in pan with parchment. Press mixture firmly down. Refrigerate at least 4 hours so mixture sets, then cut into bars.