If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Resham Lamb Kebabs with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce are a little sweet, with a complex profile of spices that showcase the lamb.
—Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 wooden skewers
- 1 6 oz container of plain non-fat Greek yogurt (I prefer Fage for this recipe)
- 3/4 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- On the morning you are planning on making your kebabs, place your wooden skewers in a ziplock bag with water. You'll need 8 skewers for this recipe, but I threw in 10 in case one or two broke or became splintery. Put your skewers in a safe place, which would be out of the reach of grabby little fingers that will pop the bag.
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Finely chop your onion, parsley and mint. Mince your garlic.
- Combine the ground lamb meat, honey, onion, and your herbs and spices in a bowl until the mixture is evenly combined. Don't over mix.
- Place your skewers and 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil on an old cookie sheet and evenly coat the pan and skewers. Don't forget this step, otherwise your Resham Lamb will stick to it's skewers (I've made said mistake)!
- Divide the meat by 8ths, form it around the skewers, and place the kebabs on your cookie sheet.
- Roast at 425º F for about 15 minutes until they are browned and cooked through.
- While the Kebabs are cooking, combine the cucumber sauce ingredients in an immersion blender cup or a small bowl. If you don't have an immersion blender you can use a food processor or a blender.
- Once your Kebabs have finished cooking, serve them with your cucumber yogurt sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe