If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Old Fashioned is not just a classic, it's delicious, and a great starter cocktail for the home bartender because, chances are, you already have all the ingredients. —Let's Drink About It
- 2 ounces Bourbon or Rye whiskey
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- .25 ounces 2:1 rich simple syrup (or one sugar cube if preferred)
- In an Old Fashioned glass, add the syrup, bitters and orange peel. Use a muddler to gently press the orange peel to release the citrus oils.
- Add the whiskey and stir.
- Add ice cubes and stir again.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: Cocktails