If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken is healthy for you, especially when eaten without the skin. Even patients who are restricted from eating other meats like beef and lamb can safely consume lean chicken meat. Coconut milk adds a creaminess to this slightly spicy dish. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/chicken-curry-coconut-milk —Healthline
- 1 pound chicken (without skin, fat), cleaned and cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- milk of half a coconut
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon wsalt
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Take a shallow pan and add oil to it. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle. Now add the chopped onions, garlic, ginger, green chili and sauté well for 2-3 minutes. When the onions have turned golden brown, add the powdered spices and keep stirring to avoid burning. Make sure that the flame is on simmer. After frying the spices for 1 minute add chicken pieces and mix well. Add 1 cup of water, cover with a tight lid and allow the chicken to cook well for the next 20 minutes on low flame.
- Now remove the lid and add the coconut milk and curry leaves to the pan. Mix well and allow the chicken to cook in the milk for another 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and serve hot with rice or Dosa.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe