- Serves 6
Uniform meat in a burger is neither fun nor interesting. Normally, I'll grab chuck, veal, pork and lamb, in whatever quantities I feel inspired by. This is what I made the other night, feel free to replace any meat with, well, any meat. Trust me, it will still be great (unless you're a vegetarian, in which case I have no time for you). Some say I'm crazy. I wouldn't doubt it. PS Burger toppings are much disputed. Personally, I don't care, it's about the meat, but here's what I added to appease you dang hippies. —JimHero
- The Meat
Ground Chuck, as fatty as you can get it. (why? because we're men grilling).
Barbecue Sauce (I used Stubbs)
- Burger Toppings
- Grab a large mixing bowl. Add the meat to the bowl.
- Dice onions, crush garlic (by the way, if you want to add more garlic, please do. As my grandmother said, "too much garlic is like having too much garlic." I never really knew what that meant...)
- Add the BBQ sauce, Sriracha, eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Pause, look around your kitchen, if you see something that looks tasty, throw it in regardless of what it may be. The way to making great burgers is blind optimism.
- Roll up your sleeves.
- Hand mix. Really get in there. By the time your done mixing up all these ingredients, you should look like the guy from Indiana Jones, The Temple of Doom right after he rips some dude's heart out. Oh hey look, 10 seconds on google brought me this: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/6422/364967-molaram_large.jpg.
- Toss on the grill, slice avocado, tomato and onion to desired size and dress.
- Eat like a champion.