If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For when you're feeling French, but your Texas twang can't quite be subdued. —Katherine Hysmith
Makes 1 drink
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried lavender flowers
- dried lavender + sugar
- 1 tablespoon lavender syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- juice of one lime
- splash of seltzer
- lavender sprig
- Make the lavender simple syrup: In a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. Put the lavender in a mesh tea bag or metal tea ball and add to the pan. Stir to ensure no sugar sticks to the bottom of the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and let the syrup steep and cool. Discard the lavender, strain if necessary, and transfer to an airtight container or Mason jar.
- Wet the rim of a glass and dip in a mixture of dried lavender and sugar. Fill the glass with ice and top with lavender syrup, tequila, lime juice, and a splash of seltzer. Garnish with a sprig of lavender and serve.